HYDRAULIC RUNNING TOOL
The Collet Running Tool is a hydraulic tool that is used to carry in and set the Ranger/ Scout Liner Hanger System. The tool is designed for high torque applications including drill-in and reaming operations. The tool also provides for rotating the liner while cementing.
The running tool is hydraulically released making it ideal for deep, deviated or extended reach wells. The Collet is not “pumped” out of the running profile. Simple compression at the running tool, after hydraulic unlock, releases the running tool from the liner.
The running tool also offers an integral secondary left hand mechanical release feature. The tool shears with predetermined left hand torque, and then compression at the running tool places the tool into the released position.
Features & Benefits :
- Unique torque connection provides for highest torsion capability without potential damage to tool joint.
- Max torque of 23,000 ft-lbs at the running tool, mandrel tensile of 400,000 lbs.
- Rugged, simple design for reliability and high performance
- Appropriate for drill-in and reaming operations
- Allows for rotating the liner while cementing
- Integral Left Hand mechanical secondary release.